cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 5.10.61 build in STM32MP157C-DK2

ESori.1
Associate

Hi, I have compiled the kernel source files and prepared the install artifacts as described in README.HOW_TO.txt, but when I am copying the modules into my STM32MP157C-DK2 board, it gets out of space. Moreover in the board I only have the modules related with this kernel version (5.10.61)

The initial configuration was multi_v7_defconfig and I applied all fragments specified (fragment-03-systemd.config, fragment-04-modules.config and fragment-05-signature.config).

I do not know if any of these fragments is building a huge amount of modules (that I think I do not really need), or if there is any kind of problem with the partitions (see attached picture), or any other thing.

I have seen that there is an step before copying the modules in the board that is used to strip the kernel modules in order to reduce its size, this is:

find . -name "*.ko" | xargs $STRIP --strip-debug --remove-section=.comment --remove-section=.note --preserve-dates

Nevertheless, when executing the above command, it fails due to :

xargs: unrecognized option '--strip-debug'

As it was a optional step I continued working, but it may be related to the out of space?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ESori.1
Associate

Okey, I think I have answered myself. After building all kernel sources, I started another shell to copy install artifacts to its corresponding folder, and as I had not sourced the SDK environment in that shell, the strip command failed.

Now I have successfully stripped modules before deploying them to my board, there is no issue with space.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ESori.1
Associate

Okey, I think I have answered myself. After building all kernel sources, I started another shell to copy install artifacts to its corresponding folder, and as I had not sourced the SDK environment in that shell, the strip command failed.

Now I have successfully stripped modules before deploying them to my board, there is no issue with space.