cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any help for converting example programs for the STM32MP157c-dk2 over to the STM32MP157a-dk1? or is there a repository of examples for the STM32MP157a somewhere?

MDoxb.1
Associate II

3 REPLIES 3
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @MDoxb.1​ 

which kind of example do you want to convert ?

STM32CubeMP1 examples for Cortex-M4 are working on all STM32MP15 devices (except when the related peripheral/interface is not available).

STM32MP157C-DK2 and STM32MP157A-DK1are indeed very close:

• no embedded display on STM32MP157A-DK1. External HDMI TV could be used.
  • no embedded Wifi/BT STM32MP157A-DK1. LAN RJ45 could be used for network access.
  • no Crypto IPs nor secure boot capabilities on STM32MP157A-DK1

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MDoxb.1
Associate II

In the en.STM32Cube_FW_MP1_V1-5-0.zip file, there are several example projects designed for the STM32MP157C-DK2.

I know that there are differences with the clocks, so it would be nice to have a set of instructions indicating which clocks in the CubeMX (ioc file) need to be changed, and if there are any other settings in CubeMX that need to be modified. Or, could I just copy the .ioc file generated when a new STM32MP157A-DK1 is created to the example.

Hmm, I just noticed that there are no .ioc files in these projects.

What makes them 157C-DK2 projects? Do I need to change something else to use them on a 157A-DK1?

Thanks

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @MDoxb.1​ ,

Most of example for STM32MP157C-DK2 are compatible with STM32MP157A-DK1 as it.

They are available in STM32MP157A-DK1 starter package under /usr/local/Cube-M4-examples

The only think to matter, and which is not consistent is that we do not provide related boot config for proper resource sharing on Linux side.

See on DK2 the boot config you can select to run exemple

Select the boot mode

1:   OpenSTLinux

2:   stm32mp157c-dk2-a7-examples

3:   stm32mp157c-dk2-m4-examples

thanks to a related stm32mp157c-dk2-m4-examples.dts provided in kernel source.

If you manage to make the stm32mp157a-dk1-example.dts flavor I guess you can run safely most of example without changing a line.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.