cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I build this example project?

msche.1
Associate III

When I hit the build button, I get "Nothing to build for project DK2_TIMER1_OpenAmp_Solution", the Debug folder is also empty, should this be populated or do I need to generate it somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsiFDHH87vo&list=PLnMKNibPkDnFeV4sBarnsAtFTg7h6V-9_&index=11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @msche.1​ ,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was finally able to work on your problem by installing the VM and trying to build.

I encountered the same issue than you by using the content described in the video.

The video was made with ecosystem 1.0.0 which is very old and with the tool STM32Workbench, which is now replaced by STM32CubeIDE, so the project syntax was different. That is why you were enable to build the project.

Procedure:

• Then it is not obvious, but you have to go in the folder "OpenSTLinux_3_0_Update":

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1KQGGmHOE9Zq44O6KfNqAYMaGgkYwt42h

and download the folder "WorkshopUpdates_3_0_0-1.zip", which contains all the projects updated for the latest OSTL version.

• You will find the folder "WorkshopSlides" with all the slides updated, so I advise you to use them in the same time than the video. You can also read the "README.TXT" inside the folder.
  • Go inside the folder "InputLabMaterial/Lab-M4" and unzip STM32Cube_FW_MP1_handsOn.zip
  • Finally, if you import the project in CubeIde 1.8.0, you will see 3 projects:

0693W00000JPvJ1QAL.pngClick on finish and select "DK2_TIMER1_OpenAmp_Solution_CM4" in the project explorer and click on the build icon (hammer):

0693W00000JPvJkQAL.png 

You must be able to build the project.

If you want to do the other video, please keep in mind that the slides in the "WorkshopSlides" folder are the one up to date.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Kévin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @msche.1​ ,

I assume that you followed the step from the video.

Please can you send me a screenshot of your project explorer on the left side of CubeIde and the complete log from the CubeIde Console when you hit the hammer (build button).

Regards,

Kevin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, I followed the steps. Basically just unzipped, imported and built.

0693W00000JO0YCQA1.png 

Hello @msche.1​ ,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was finally able to work on your problem by installing the VM and trying to build.

I encountered the same issue than you by using the content described in the video.

The video was made with ecosystem 1.0.0 which is very old and with the tool STM32Workbench, which is now replaced by STM32CubeIDE, so the project syntax was different. That is why you were enable to build the project.

Procedure:

• Then it is not obvious, but you have to go in the folder "OpenSTLinux_3_0_Update":

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1KQGGmHOE9Zq44O6KfNqAYMaGgkYwt42h

and download the folder "WorkshopUpdates_3_0_0-1.zip", which contains all the projects updated for the latest OSTL version.

• You will find the folder "WorkshopSlides" with all the slides updated, so I advise you to use them in the same time than the video. You can also read the "README.TXT" inside the folder.
  • Go inside the folder "InputLabMaterial/Lab-M4" and unzip STM32Cube_FW_MP1_handsOn.zip
  • Finally, if you import the project in CubeIde 1.8.0, you will see 3 projects:

0693W00000JPvJ1QAL.pngClick on finish and select "DK2_TIMER1_OpenAmp_Solution_CM4" in the project explorer and click on the build icon (hammer):

0693W00000JPvJkQAL.png 

You must be able to build the project.

If you want to do the other video, please keep in mind that the slides in the "WorkshopSlides" folder are the one up to date.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Kévin

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

Kevin HUBER
ST Employee

Hello @msche.1​ ,

Did it fix your issue?

Regards,

Kevin