cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not Flash STM32MP157a-dk1. with CubeProgrammer, and StarterPackage Image. First 2 files download ok, then get "Reconnecting the device...", and it never reconnects. Windows10 drops the USB-DFU device. Get Error:TSV flashing service failed. How to fix?

MDoxb.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MDoxb.1
Associate II

I switch power supplies and now I am able to Flash the SD Card.

Good = Ultranet CX65UC002 Ultron GaN 65W Type-C PD Charger

Bad = CUI Inc. SWC15-S5-NB Wall Mount AC Adapter 15W 5V 3A

Thank you

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @MDoxb.1​ ,

please provide log files

• from CubeProgrammer
  • taken from the UART Console (Virtual Com Port on STLink connector).

Check that you are using the right TSV for the board (should be "FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.tsv")

Try using command line (run it from images\stm32mp1 folder) such as :

"%ProgramFiles%\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" -c port=usb1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston\trusted\FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157a-dk1-trusted.tsv

Please also confirm you did not have a Virtual Machine opened which could 'take' the W10 USB port when uBoot is reconnecting.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Attached is the output of the console (TeraTerm), and the log from the Cube programmer.

I am using the 157a-dk1 TSV file.

My system does the same thing when using the command line.I have even tried to 'Disabled' the Windows 10 Power Option to selective suspend USB.I've even installed CubeProgrammer on a VirtualBox/Ubuntu system and the same thing happens.

When Programmer is "Reconnecting the device ...", Windows 10's Device Manager updates its screen and the USB device "DFU in HS Mode @Device ID/0x500,@Revision ID/0x0000" disappears from the listing. After all the Errors get reported, the DFU device comes back.

Mark

MDoxb.1
Associate II

Sorry - it doesn't look like the email reply attached the files.

MDoxb.1
Associate II

And here is the log

PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi,

according to your uBoot log, your 5V power supply is not compliant to USB Type-C standard (usually CC lines not or badly connected).

This will stop the Starter Package uBoot with red led blinking.

See https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157x-DK2/Let%27s_start/Populate_the_target_and_boot_the_image

0693W00000LzcjPQAR.pngSo your issue is not due to your PC setup.

Solution could be either :

or

First option is straightforward.

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MDoxb.1
Associate II

I switch power supplies and now I am able to Flash the SD Card.

Good = Ultranet CX65UC002 Ultron GaN 65W Type-C PD Charger

Bad = CUI Inc. SWC15-S5-NB Wall Mount AC Adapter 15W 5V 3A

Thank you