cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your STM32MP157 SVD file is highly incomplete and plain wrong at times. Could you please update it?

NHues.1
Associate II

Hi ST!

I am working with Rust on your STM32MP157. While we have this working already, this is cumbersome as we have to figure all register addresses and layouts manually. Normally, in Rust, we parse the SVD file corresponding to a chip and go from there which is a huuuge improvement to doing everything manually. Unfortunately the SVD files available for the STM32MP157 are highly incomplete and wrong at times. Could you please fix & update the SVD files?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Noah

13 REPLIES 13

Hey Maxime,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Did you have any success in writing an IPCC peripheral driver in rust? I've been trying to track down (or start development of) support for the Cortex-M4 side of things in stm32-rs.

Thanks!

Hi,

We have a working demo for the IPCC using RPMsg. You can find this example here: https://github.com/Yatekii/stm32mp1-hal/blob/test/interrupts/src/main.rs

It's definitely not very clean but it's a start I'd say.

Also I initiated the stm32-rs support for the chip, and started implemented the HAL.

It's only supporting the GPIOs at the moment, and I was strugling with making the interrupts work for some reason.

Here is the repo with only a single "WIP" commit and a blinky example, so it's not just on my computer: https://github.com/maximeborges/stm32mp1xx-hal

Don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need more info, I don't really know when I will continue working on the HAL.

Hi Imen,

I am currently trying to add STM32MP153x support to said repository and am in the same situation as before, the provided SVD files for the MP153x series are again highly incomplete, missing for example most of the vector table. Adding that manually is very error prone and tedious so it would be nice if you could provide a more up to date SVD for said processor. I am currently using v1.2 of the SVD from the CAD Resources site but that is not very fully featured.

Thanks a lot,

Jan-Henrik

Hi JBruh.1,

I can see that we have an updated version for STM32MP153x  (version 1.3).

I am attaching a copy, so let me know if you have more feedbacks.

Regards,

-Imen