cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157F-DK2 cannot create .tsv when i try to increase rootfs size

obedPH
Associate III

Hi,

I am using the stm32mp157f-dk2, I'm using the core-image-minimal image and i'm trying to create a custom image. However, I would like to increase the rootfs size in order to add modules in the root filesystem once the kernel starts. I tried modifying the file /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/conf/machine/include/st-nachine-common-stm32mp.inc

IMAGE_ROOTFS_MAXSIZE ?= "2017660"

Then, i tried to modify the  /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-devtools/sdcard-raw-tools/sdcard-raw-tools/create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh file, just as the post 

DEFAULT_RAW_SIZE=4096 DEFAULT_ROOTFS_PARTITION_SIZE=2097152

I also modified the local.conf file

IMAGE_ROOTFS_EXTRA_SPACE = "1008830"

The problem i'm expecting is, the image built, but I see this message at the end of the build process

WARNING: quoia-custom-1.0-r0 do_create_flashlayout_config: >>> Cannot generate FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157f-dk2-trusted.tsv file: the st-image-userfs-poky-stm32mp1.ext4 binary size (1167261696) for userfs partition exceeds the partition size (134217728).After that, i check the tmp/deploy/images/stm32mp1/flashlayout_custom-image/trusted/ directory and the .tsv files for the stm32mp157f-dk2 were not generated.

Please let me know if I am doing something bad or I'm misunderstanding some important concept, and sorry if my english is not that good.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I was able to solve the problem, I just modified my local.conf with the next line:

IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE = "1513245"

I also kept the same configurations in the  /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/conf/machine/include/st-nachine-common-stm32mp.inc file and /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-devtools/sdcard-raw-tools/sdcard-raw-tools/create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh file.

I am using the 5.15.67-stm32mp-r2 yocto kernel version.

The command i use is just bitbake <custom-layer-name>

In that layer i have some recipes in order to change my device tree and some configurations for dropbear to use ssh.

Thank you for your reply

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gregory PLANCHON
ST Employee

Hi,

I did the test on my side and had no problems.
Can you give me more information about your set-up and handling?
Which version do you use?
What command did you make? 

Regards,

Grégory

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

I was able to solve the problem, I just modified my local.conf with the next line:

IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE = "1513245"

I also kept the same configurations in the  /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/conf/machine/include/st-nachine-common-stm32mp.inc file and /meta-st/meta-st-stm32mp/recipes-devtools/sdcard-raw-tools/sdcard-raw-tools/create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh file.

I am using the 5.15.67-stm32mp-r2 yocto kernel version.

The command i use is just bitbake <custom-layer-name>

In that layer i have some recipes in order to change my device tree and some configurations for dropbear to use ssh.

Thank you for your reply