cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP135F QT5 can't execute gui aplication

MWoło.2
Senior II

Hi,

I have a relatively easy question for the OpenStLinux I guess.

I have a correctly prepared sdk image with QT (bitbake -k st-example-image-qt and bitbake -k st-example-image-qt -c populate_sdk) but can't correctly configure weston. I have a similar configuration to the official STM32MP135DK2 with a slight difference, 24 RGB interface. My display working correctly, I can see wallpaper and play mp4, so the driver and system are configured correctly.

When I try to execute my application I get something like

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
[     1] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     2] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     3] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     4] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     5] _OpenDevice(1093): FATAL: Failed to open device, errno=No such file or directory.
[     6] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     7] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     8] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[     9] Failed to open device: No such file or directory, Try again...
[    10] _OpenDevice(1093): FATAL: Failed to open device, errno=No such file or directory.

The problem is that the above info doesn't indicate what device can't be opened. 

What do I need to add to my meta-layer to be able to execute the qt5 application?

Thanks for any hints

BR Michal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MWoło.2
Senior II

It's working. So let's summarise, if You want to build and execute the QT5 application on stm32mp13x You need to during first time DISTRO=openstlinux-eglfs MACHINE=your-machine source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh DON'T ACCEPT LICENSE. That is all. Topic closed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MWoło.2
Senior II

It seems I found a solution

https://stcommunity.st.com/t5/stm32-mpu-products/can-t-run-st-example-image-qt-qt-examples-on-a-custom-board/m-p/154724#M4153

It is related to stm32mp153 but my stm32mp135 seems to be similar I mean no Vivante GPU.

I try to recompile and give feedback

MWoło.2
Senior II

It's working. So let's summarise, if You want to build and execute the QT5 application on stm32mp13x You need to during first time DISTRO=openstlinux-eglfs MACHINE=your-machine source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh DON'T ACCEPT LICENSE. That is all. Topic closed.