cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCMI protocols not active

AVazquez
Associate III

Hi all.

I am using a stm32mp157c-dk2 with lastest  OpenSTLinux Distribution (4.1.0) trusted.

In log I saw messages about SCMI driver and a series of protocols not actives.

[    0.150587] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: SCMI Notifications - Core Enabled.
[    0.150709] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: SCMI Protocol v2.0 'ST:' Firmware version 0x0
[    0.289178] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: Failed. SCMI protocol 23 not active.
[    0.412876] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: Failed. SCMI protocol 21 not active.
[    0.424756] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: Failed. SCMI protocol 19 not active.
[    0.428615] arm-scmi firmware:scmi: Failed. SCMI protocol 17 not active.

I should care about this messages?

Why are these protocols not active?

What are these protocols?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @AVazquez​ ,

For an overview of SCMI :

SCMI overview - stm32mpu

Did you get those traces on the provided starter package for DK2 or on a custom version?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

> Did you get those traces on the provided starter package for DK2 or on a custom version?

It's starter package

A.

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @AVazquez​ ,

I don't reproduce the same at my end with stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.15-yocto-kirkstone-mp1-v22.11.23\images\stm32mp1\flashlayout_st-image-weston\trusted\FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

Can you double check and provide details reference of the binaries you are using + complete boot log ?

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, @Community member​ 

> Can you double check and provide details reference of the binaries you are using + complete boot log ?

Yes, no problem.

I am using the lastest version (4.1.0) and I am using the follow script:

./create_sdcard_from_flashlayout.sh ../flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

This generates the file FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.raw and I put this file on sdcard.

I have repeated the test and see the same traces with the fail message. Complete kernel trusted traces.

Curiously, these traces don't appear if I use the optee version. Complete kernel optee traces

​Thanks!

Alex