cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qt-wpe-simple-browser installation failed

VLacr.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to set up a web browser on my STM32MP157F-DK2 board.

Following https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_install_a_simple_web_browser.

I tried:

root@stm32mp15-disco:~# apt-get install qt-wpe-simple-browser
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package qt-wpe-simple-browser

apt-get update was successful. 

Using apt-search doesn't locate the package.

However, source.list file seems properly configured.

Any clue would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vincent

13 REPLIES 13

Hello @Jean-Marc B ,

Thanks for your help.

I have successfully executed the different steps you have listed and obtained the same result.

Now if i try to compile the application

bitbake qt-wpe-simple-browser

I obtain the following error during the do_configure step:

| WARNING: No QPA platform plugin enabled! This will
| produce a Qt that cannot run GUI applications.
| See "Platform backends" in the output of --help.
| 
| ERROR: Feature 'opengl-desktop' was enabled, but the pre-condition '(config.win32 && !config.winrt && !features.opengles2 && (config.msvc || libs.opengl))
|                           || (!config.watchos && !config.win32 && !config.wasm && libs.opengl)' failed.
| 
| ERROR: The OpenGL functionality tests failed!
| You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL[_ES2],
| QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL[_ES2] and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL[_ES2] in the mkspec for your platform.
| WARNING: exit code 3 from a shell command.
ERROR: Task (/home/vincent/Documents/03_DEV/Distribution_package/layers/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3168 tasks of which 3163 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
NOTE: Writing buildhistory took: 2 seconds

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/vincent/Documents/03_DEV/Distribution_package/layers/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_configure

The full log is attached to the post.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Hello @Jean-Marc B ,

Thanks the advice. I have followed the different steps and obtained the same result.

However, when I try to compile the application, I obtain the following error (the full log is attached)

$ bitbake qt-wpe-simple-browser

| 
| WARNING: No QPA platform plugin enabled! This will
| produce a Qt that cannot run GUI applications.
| See "Platform backends" in the output of --help.
| 
| ERROR: Feature 'opengl-desktop' was enabled, but the pre-condition '(config.win32 && !config.winrt && !features.opengles2 && (config.msvc || libs.opengl))
|                           || (!config.watchos && !config.win32 && !config.wasm && libs.opengl)' failed.
| 
| ERROR: The OpenGL functionality tests failed!
| You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing QMAKE_INCDIR_OPENGL[_ES2],
| QMAKE_LIBDIR_OPENGL[_ES2] and QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL[_ES2] in the mkspec for your platform.
| WARNING: exit code 3 from a shell command.
ERROR: Task (/home/vincent/Documents/03_DEV/Distribution_package/layers/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3168 tasks of which 3163 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
NOTE: Writing buildhistory
NOTE: Writing buildhistory took: 2 seconds

Best regards,

Vincent

Hi @VLacr.1 

This is more or less related to Qt and I am not a Qt expert!

I would recommend to switch to the ecosystem 5.0.0 which has the default meta-qt5 integration and add the meta-webkit layer. Perhaps it would help you.

Best regards,

--JM

Hello @Jean-Marc B ,

Ok.

Thanks to the previous step, I have built an image with WPE and COG. I can use the latest as a web browser (instead of  qt-simple-web-browser) so it is fine for my initial need.

I then think we can close the ticket. Thanks again for your help. 

Best Regards,

Vincent