cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCD screen issue with STM32MP157D

zengyixiang
Associate II

I am using the latest OpenSTLinx (5.1.0) Linux version: 6.1.28, and it can display normally when using the official root file system (st-image-eston-openstrinux-eston-stm32mp1. ext4), as shown in the figure below. However, when I use the root file system generated by buildroot myself, it cannot display normally, and there is no output on the screen when using "echo test_ceool>/dev/tty1". Some example screens running qt5 also have no output. Is there anything to pay attention to when building a root file system using buildroot?QQ图片20240722130712.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Hi @zengyixiang,

Buildroot distribution based on the OpenSTLiux BSP is supported by STMicroelectronics partner Bootlin.

The version of the Buildroot distribution based on the OpenSTLinux BSP delivered with the STM32MPU-ecosystem-v5.0.0 release  (Linux kernel v6.1-stm32mp-r1 (v6.1.28)) is documented in the STM32 MPU wiki: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ecosystem_release_note_-_v5.0.0 (“Buildroot for Arm® Cortex®-A” chapter). You will find this wiki article links to the Buildroot repository dedicated to supporting the STMicroelectronics STM32MP1 platforms, and to the Bootlin technical support. These links might be helpful for you even if you use the v5.1.0 ecosystem release.

The version of the Buildroot distribution based on the OpenSTLinux BSP delivered with the STM32MPU-ecosystem-v5.1.0 release  (Linux kernel v6.1-stm32mp-r2 (v6.1.28)) is being built by Bootlin and will be available soon. Once available, it will be documented in the following wiki article: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32_MPU_ecosystem_release_note_-_v5.1.0 (“Buildroot for Arm® Cortex®-A” chapter): “under construction” for the moment.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

JC.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.