cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create debug filesystem

gmax
Associate II

Hello, 

I enabled the generation of  debug filesystem by adding two variables in file build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp15-disco/conf/local.conf as shown below to use with GDB. This step is  also mentioned in Yocto documentation (Link: https://docs.yoctoproject.org/dev/dev-manual/debugging.html#using-the-gdbserver-method ). 

IMAGE_GEN_DEBUGFS = "1"
IMAGE_FSTYPES_DEBUGFS = "tar.bz2"

When this option is enabled I get below dependency(?) error,

gmax_3-1721526322507.png

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Additional information:

Target HW : STM32MP157F-DK2

Target image : st-image-weston

gmax_2-1721526131690.png

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gmax
Associate II

After few research I got to know that the problem comes from the PACKAGE_CLASSES. Changing the default PACKAGE_CLASSES in local.conf from package_deb to package_ipk fixed the issue. 

# force the usage of debian package
#PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_deb"
PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_ipk"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @gmax,

If you want to use GDB, I could suggest that you have a look at the STM32 MPU wiki (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Main_Page).

The following articles might be interesting for you:

I’m aware that the above information doesn’t fix the problem that you highlighted, but nevertheless, I hope it might help.

Regards,

JC.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Jean-Christophe_TROTIN ,

Thanks for your reply. I did read those articles before but it mostly speak about how to use GDB rather than how to build for debug. Looks like I may need to switch from Distribution package to Developer package. 

Thanks,

gmax

gmax
Associate II

After few research I got to know that the problem comes from the PACKAGE_CLASSES. Changing the default PACKAGE_CLASSES in local.conf from package_deb to package_ipk fixed the issue. 

# force the usage of debian package
#PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_deb"
PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_ipk"