cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am wondring if the board stm32mp157a-dk1 supports android booting system ? how to get the android enviroment ?

AFard.1
Associate II

stm32mp157a-dk1 board

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @AFard.1​ ,

For low performances and bad user experience reasons, ST chose to not support Android on this platform anymore.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @AFard.1​ ,

For low performances and bad user experience reasons, ST chose to not support Android on this platform anymore.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Erwan,

thank you very much for the quick reply,

Actually we are developing a custom hardware based on same soc ​STM32MP157 Arm®-based dual Cortex®-A7 32 bits + Cortex®-M4 as stm32mp157a-dk1 dev board , I want to prepare the android environment for the dev board before doing the bring up of our custom hardware, do you have any suggestions please?

best regards

ahmed fardi​

Hello @AFard.1​ ,

As I said, we will not be able to provide a lot of support on Android. The only little tips that we can give are the ones below:

• Android can only be used for very simple UI, that are not too complex in term of animations etc.
  • We recommend a mobile screen size maximum
  • We recommend 1GDDR in 32 bits.

Moreover, for security reason, I am not sure that you will be able to boot Android on stm32mp157a. Only c and f should be usable.

I hope that it will help you a little bit in your bring up process.

As mentioned on the wiki, if you need more support, you can contact our partner Witekio.

Kind regards,

Erwan.

Hello Erwan , we switched to use the eval board STM32MP157f-EV1 , based on it w started the hardware dev .

I downloaded the st-android-11.0.0-2021-01-29 android soft , and flashed the baord , the switches are configured to boot from emmc , the startup of android system is ok but without screen , the dispaly is white , the tactil working fine i can see by the logcat all the services are fine even the ST laucher com.stmicroelectronics.stlauncher.

Any help please ? , i tried to build locally a soft , flashed to sdcard but i faced the same problem on the dispaly .

I attached the full log here