cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error building openstlinux image in recipes st-image-bootfs, st-image-vendorfs and st-image-userfs

DmnSd
Associate III

Hi all,

I'm trying to build an openstlinux image (st-image-core) with yocto and bitbake.

I have tried to compile it with a native ubuntu 18.04 and a virtual machine ubuntu 18.04 but the errors are similar.

See attached log files.

Referring to this community posts:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ASoluGSQR/issues-compiling-distribution-package-on-docker

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000CBmacpSQB/157adk1-hook-updateudevhwdb-fails

i have installed all packages from PC_prerequisites which are required.

Hope someone can help. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

DmnSd

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @DmnSd​ 

Your log seems to point you are trying to build for Avenger96 boards ?

Do you confirm ?

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear @Community member​ ,

that's right. First I tried to compile for Avenger96 but there are similar issues (see attached log).

After that I tried to build st-image-core and got same error messages.

Has the one nothing to do with the other?

Kind regards Dmn

OL'He.1
Associate III

I would think it is worth looking at the error files mentioned in your log, the "log.do_rootfs.???" files, to try to find the real cause.

With errors in bitbake's logs, it is also often needed to look at previous lines, searching for error messages. The meaningful error message could be several hundred of lines above the final error.

Dear @OL'He.1​ ,

thanks for your reply.

I have looked into log.do_rootfs.xxxx for recipes st-image-vendorfs, st-image-userfs and st-image-bootfs because it's the same problem.

I have uploaded st-image-vendorfs log as example.

At the end you can see the following lines:

NOTE: Running intercept scripts:
NOTE: > Executing update_udev_hwdb intercept ...
NOTE: Exit code 1. Output:
+ '[' True = False ']'
+ qemu-arm -r 3.2.0 -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib:/opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/lib -L /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/libexec/udevadm hwdb --update --root /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs

ERROR: The postinstall intercept hook 'update_udev_hwdb' failed, details in /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs
DEBUG: Python function do_rootfs finished
ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs

Not very meaningful for me, but if I manually execute the command from log in terminal, I got this error message:

qemu-arm -r 3.2.0 -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/lib:/opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/lib -L /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/libexec/udevadm hwdb --update --root /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs

Error while loading /opt/openstlinux-20-02-19/build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp1-av96/tmp-glibc/work/stm32mp1_av96-ostl-linux-gnueabi/st-image-vendorfs/1.0-r0/rootfs/usr/libexec/udevadm: No such file or directory

Seems that there is file/program 'udevadm' missing. But why? 'udevadm' should be compiled while running bitbake build process I think?!

As I said, errors in st-image-userfs and st-image-bootfs are the same: udevadm: No such file or directory.

DmnSd