cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

desktop shortcut on stm32mp157F dk2

karu2003
Associate II

I have a python script. Do I want to launch it when the platform starts or by touching the screen?

how to create a custom desktop shortcut on stm32mp157-dk2?

5 REPLIES 5
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @karu2003 ,
If you can see the GTK demo launcher on your board, and you want to add your own one on it, please follow this article : https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/GTK_demo_launcher#How_to_add_a_new_demo_application

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I don't have GTK demo launcher. I need python , scipy , pandas, qt and ... for work.

@karu2003 ,
So can you please precise what do you call "a dekstop shortcut" in the context of the STM32MP1 ? 
If you want to automatically launch an application at the start of the board, you can create a service  working with systemd (see systemd documentation).

As another solution, you can also place a launching script in /etc/profile.d/ that is a specific folder where each script inside will be run after the start of the platform. 

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I need shortcut on the screen so that I can launch it by clicking on the screen. Without creating a QT or other GUI. I haven't gotten around to automatic start yet.

So you want to just listen to a screen touch and then launch your application (I mean when you touch anywhere on the screen, not on an icon) ?