cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT PROCESS - STM32MP157A-DK1

ajith1
Associate II

HI STM32 Team,

What is the boot process of STM32MP157A-DK1 BOARD and where to study that.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

A. Ajith Kumar

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @ajith1 ,

Please browse wiki starting from Boot chain overview - stm32mpu

STM32MP1 Online Training - STMicroelectronics can also be a good source of information

Hope it help 

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ajith1
Associate II

Hi STM32 Team,

I have learn about the boot process. I have understand something but I have still confusion about this. I will tell below what I understand ,Please correct me if I am wrong.

1. After the microcontroller startup (or) reset.

2. The boot code will execute from the flash.(which was predefined by the manufacturer)

3. This boot code will contains the peripherals initializes and load the bootloader. The bootloader will check for nRST pin low for update the main program. If  its low. The bootloader will erase the previous memory and load the main program into the microcontroller.

4.The main application program consists of startup program which will initialize all the peripherals, clock, interrupts and Programmable Built in Self Test (PBIST)Module will test all the peripherals working currectly or not.

5.After that main function will execute which user defined.

Questions:

1.Is the Above process I have mentioned was correct or change in any order.

2.Is the Boot code can be modified by user. Is it possible and how?

3.PBIST Module will persent in boot code or startup code?

4.Difference between boot code and startup code?

5. Is the same process is also for microprocessors? Please mentions the differences.

6. What is the role of assembly language in boot code?

Thanks and Regards,

A. Ajith Kumar