cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bitbake st-image-weston cannot connect to bitbake server

GeorgeR
Associate II

Hello,

I'm trying to create the Distribution package for my STM32MP157D-DK1.

When I first installed and ran, it said it was running, It stayed that way for the afternoon. I let it 'run' overnight to the same line. I ^C'd out of it. Since then I get this (I just gave the last try)

NOTE: Retrying server connection (#7)... (Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/c/projects/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py", line 438, in setup_bitbake

server = bb.server.process.BitBakeServer(lock, sockname, configuration, featureset)

File "/mnt/c/projects/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/server/process.py", line 407, in __init__

self.sock.bind(os.path.basename(sockname))

OSError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported

)

WARNING: /mnt/c/projects/Distribution-Package/openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-03-31/layers/openembedded-core/bitbake/lib/bb/main.py:469: ResourceWarning: unclosed <socket.socket fd=12, family=AddressFamily.AF_UNIX, type=SocketKind.SOCK_STREAM, proto=0>

logger.info("Retrying server connection (#%d)... (%s)" % (tryno, traceback.format_exc()))

NOTE: Reconnecting to bitbake server...

NOTE: Previous bitbake instance shutting down?, waiting to retry...

NOTE: Retrying server connection (#8)...

ERROR: Unable to connect to bitbake server, or start one (server startup failures would be in bitbake-cookerdaemon.log).

I have deleted Distribution-Package and reloaded to the same end.

I am running ubuntu WSL on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

George Roessner

3 REPLIES 3
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @GeorgeR​ ,

As you may read here https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/PC_prerequisites#WSL2_-28experimental-29

WSL support is only experimental for our distribution.

Please confirm you are using WSL2.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
GeorgeR
Associate II

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I am using WSL2.

It seems that Linux is needed though. Can this all be done in Windows 10 environment?

Regards,

George

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @Guenther Roider​ ,

Ok this issue can happen and seems decoralated from WLS2.

To solve it our expert usually remove build folder (build-***) and check no-more process 'bitbake' are running then retry.

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.