cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

qt creater setup for STM32Mp1

asadullah4571
Associate III

how to setup qt creater application for STM32MP157f-Dk2 board , and where is the location of the toolchain location and how to setup qt version .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

very good, your environment looks ready to develop your application.

I suggest anyway you run an existing "hello world" example before doing your own one.

Please look at Qt documentation, like this one: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-tutorial1.html

And let me know if compilation and execution is fine.

BR, 

Philippe.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @asadullah4571 ,
Can you tell me on which OpenSTLinux version you are please ? 

As information, on OpenSTLinux v5.1, the support of Qt is made through X-LINUX-QT Expansion Package (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/X-LINUX-QT_Expansion_Package). In  this article indeed, you have explanations to configure QtCreator IDE. 

However, this package is made for STM32MP2x series right now. The support for MP1x series will come in Q4 2024.

If you absolutely need Qt on STM32MP15 before, you can stay on OpenSTLinux v 5.0, and look at the Wiki article here that are still usable (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu-ecosystem-v4/wiki/How_to_build_and_use_an_SDK_for_QT)

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

you can see qt cubeyou can see qt cubeopenstlinux distribution with qt layer , you can see my qt versionopenstlinux distribution with qt layer , you can see my qt versionplease check the settings, gcc , g++ ,and qmake i added from build directoryplease check the settings, gcc , g++ ,and qmake i added from build directoryin this i select the STm32, but the next option not availablein this i select the STm32, but the next option not available

i only want to print hello word on my screen using qt, how i can do to that ,please explain me step by step 

please 

Hello @asadullah4571,

In your kit window, I see "Qt version" item as "invalid".

Could you please go to the Kits -> "Qt Versions" panel and check the "qmake Path" set in the tool is correct.

It should point to qmake SDK tool. Something like:

<Your PC Install path >/SDK/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake

BR,

Philippe.

Hello @asadullah4571,

you probably only installed Starter Package which is used to see existing Qt applications.

If you want to develop your own Qt application, you should use "Developer package" option (doc section 6.1.2). With the MPU SDK and its Qt SDK Addon, Qt Creator will be configured automatically and you will get your MPU kit all set in Qt creator.

BR,

Philippe

Hello @asadullah4571,

in case you use the Distribution Package, you need to generate an SDK with "-c populate_sdk" Yocto command.

Then use sysroot, GCC/G++, GDB and qmake paths from this SDK.

Philippe.

hello @PPAGE.13 

in your SDK package i did not find any qmake.

home/md/SDK/sysroots/x86_64-ostl_sdk-linux/usr/bin/.

i found only cmake. why ?

hello @PPAGE.13 
could you please tell more about.

i followed this steps

step 1. i download the distribution package
step 2. then i added the qt
step 3. bitbake st-image-qt

then i install the qt creator

then qt setup, 

i downloaded the SDK package from STM,

i found gcc/g++/cmake that's it but i uaable to find any qmake. now file and no binary.

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-09 at 11.56.42 AM.jpeg

Hello @asadullah4571,

let me clarify a bit more:

- For Developer Package: the standard SDK you can download from st.com does not contain any Qt features like qmake.

This is integrated inside X-LINUX-QT SDK add-on. For mp1, this is not today available (only mp2).

When you install the X-LINUX-QT SDK add_on, Qt creator will be configured automatically.

- For Distribution package (your case), you need to generate your own SDK after having compile your image with Qt feature.

Please refer to our wiki page for all related to SDK generation: https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_create_an_SDK_for_OpenSTLinux_distribution 

bitbake st-image-qt

bitbake st-image-qt -c populate_sdk

Then install the SDK: execute "xxx.sh" script available in: build-openstlinuxweston-stm32mp15-disco/tmp-glibc/deploy/sdk

The installed SDK will contain Qt features (libs, qmake, ...), please use it to configure manually Qt creator.

Philippe.