cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32MP157f-DK2 USB Video Output

Jordan-NextLayer
Associate

Hello,

I've been attempting to get video output via the usb of the STM32MP157F-DK2 for some time now. From the research I've been doing, it seems as though there might be a possibility of it not being possible on certain hardware. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to do this on this board? And if someone has accomplished it, how did you do so? 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Erwan SZYMANSKI
ST Employee

Hello @Jordan-NextLayer ,
For people from the community that could help your or had a similar project in the past, I think you should explain a little bit more about what you are expecting for. What is the global architecture of your project ? Where does this USB go ? And maybe a little bit of scenario too that could help to understand. Also which resolutions, frame-rate and so on are you expecting ? 

Kind regards,
Erwan.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

"What is the global architecture of your project ?": I'm using Yocto, specifically the Kirkstone version. 

"Where does this USB go ?":  I'm not sure what you mean.

"And maybe a little bit of scenario too that could help to understand.": I have a USB to HDMI adapter that uses DisplayLink graphics. (This is the one I'm using, but I'm open to getting a different adapter if it helps me get a working solution:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CSG7TUC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1) All I'm trying to do is get it so I can plug that adapter into the STM32MP157F-DK2's USB port, have an HDMI cable plugged into the adapter and a monitor, and have the STM32 display on the monitor. 

"Also which resolutions, frame-rate and so on are you expecting ?": Literally anything.