cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powering STM32MP157F-DK2 through CN2

Otavio Borges
Associate III

I want to power 5V to the discovery kits through pins 2 and 4 on CN2 connector. Is that ok? Any recommended circuitry?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Otavio Borges​ ,

no specific circuitry needed.

Note that 5V pins on CN2 are not intended to be used to supply the DK2 board (they are there to supply extension board from the DK2), it is not guaranteed that the PCB traces are strong enough for 3A.

For SW impact, see also https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000ew8hkSAA/i-want-to-power-the-stm32mp157-card-by-the-5v-of-the-cn2-connector-to-integrate-the-card-on-a-motherboard-of-a-control-system-the-card-does-not-boot-if-power-is-supplied-from-cn2

I remind that license agreement state that it is not allowed to re-sell or integrate development boards in commercial products.

Note also that Development boards are not guaranteed to be available for long term and could be discontinued or modified without prior advertisement.

Nevertheless, as we give the full design fileset of the boards under Open Platform License Agreement , you are still allowed to start from it to build your own product boards. Obviously, it is a must doing few changes on it and removing any ST related logo or trademark present on the PCB. See also www.st.com/opla

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PatrickF
ST Employee

Hi @Otavio Borges​ ,

no specific circuitry needed.

Note that 5V pins on CN2 are not intended to be used to supply the DK2 board (they are there to supply extension board from the DK2), it is not guaranteed that the PCB traces are strong enough for 3A.

For SW impact, see also https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000ew8hkSAA/i-want-to-power-the-stm32mp157-card-by-the-5v-of-the-cn2-connector-to-integrate-the-card-on-a-motherboard-of-a-control-system-the-card-does-not-boot-if-power-is-supplied-from-cn2

I remind that license agreement state that it is not allowed to re-sell or integrate development boards in commercial products.

Note also that Development boards are not guaranteed to be available for long term and could be discontinued or modified without prior advertisement.

Nevertheless, as we give the full design fileset of the boards under Open Platform License Agreement , you are still allowed to start from it to build your own product boards. Obviously, it is a must doing few changes on it and removing any ST related logo or trademark present on the PCB. See also www.st.com/opla

Regards.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Patrick​