cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 output goes to HDMI and not to DSI display

AndreyN
Associate III

Hi Folks,

I am building openstlinux-weston/st-image-weston image for stm32mp157c-dk2 board using newest Yocto distribution provided by STM. Everything works fine except the output goes always to HDMI (even if no cable attached). I can see bootloader splash image on DSI display. However, after couple of seconds it disappears and display remains black. If I attach HDMI display after boot is complete, I can see launcher application there. BTW, the same is happening with eglfs image.

I would appreciate any hints what might be wrong and how to debug/fix the problem.

Here is the build summary information and complete boot-log from serial console.

Regards,

Andrey.

23 REPLIES 23
Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

Sorry Andrey I missed few of your comments.

The binary with this correction (starter package) and the related patches are also available in this forum: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000ASoi2XSQR/stm32mp157cdk2-not-booting-to-weston-gtk-demo-launcher

For the github based built, did you update the kernel receipes to point to v1.0.2 kernel ?

> Sorry Andrey I missed few of your comments.

No problem. Taking in account the large amount of responses you are writing, it could happen. Really appreciate your help.

> For the github based built, did you update the kernel receipes to point to v1.0.2 kernel ?

I think no. What I did is uncomment four variables in my local.conf exactly as suggested on Wiki to switch to github. In addition I did repo update assuming that all required recipie changes will be pulled from ST's repositories. Was it wrong assumption? If it is not enough, why do not you guys update Wiki with additional steps required? Even if it only valid for "unlucky guys" I still think it worth the trouble.

Will try to find where these kernel recipies are and switch to v1.0.2.

Bernard PUEL
ST Employee

The information is given at the beginning of the chapter for the minor releases:

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/index.php?title=STM32MP15_OpenSTLinux_release_note_-_v1.0.0&section=16#Minor_release_updates

Andrey,

If buildroot can satisfy your needs, I would encourage to use it (simpler and way quicker than Yocto).

Bootlin's blog is really nice and easy to follow.

Yocto has other advantages and is very power full while integrating huge number of packages all together.