cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zigbee init of CPU fails or reports wrong

KJeps.3
Associate II

Hi, I have a small problem with the zigbee strack i hope someone could give me an direction for.

When I boot up I get an error just after it initialized the CPU2(M0).

static void APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit(void)

{

APP_DBG("APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit");

zigbee_app_info.zb = ZbInit(0U, NULL, NULL); <<<--- seems to return 0,0,0,0

However IPCC seems to work since it communicates the version nr etc.0693W00000Nrz2zQAB.png

9 REPLIES 9
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you give more information about which application are you using and which version ?

Best Regards

KJeps.3
Associate II

Hi,

I have tried first to make my own project, but afterwards I took an example and changed the mcu to 30CE...

0693W00000QKdtxQAD.png0693W00000QKdvKQAT.png

KJeps.3
Associate II

0693W00000QKe05QAD.png

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Please check if you have taken the stack from this directory to run it on STM32WB3x.

Best Regards

I think I have taken it from this path:

C:\Users\xxxxxx\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.13.3\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB3x

Same version as the package in cubeIDE...

I know see the one in the link is 1.4.0...

Do I then need to update the project also?

You can still use your application with the stack v1.14.0.

earlish
Associate II

Hello. I am getting stuck at this assert as well with an STM32WB35.

I have flashed the stack from the STM32WB3x folder, and used the address of 0x0802F000 per the release notes. And I am using a CubeMX project with the minimum settings to enable the Zigbee middleware, I haven't changed any code.

Any ideas why it would be failing this assert?

Thank you

[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_Init][116] [M4 APPLICATION] APP_ZIGBEE_Init
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][352] [M4 APPLICATION] **********************************************************
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][353] [M4 APPLICATION] WIRELESS COPROCESSOR FW:
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][355] [M4 APPLICATION] VERSION ID = 1.14.0
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][360] [M4 APPLICATION] FW Type : FFD Zigbee stack
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][384] [M4 APPLICATION] Application flashed: ..
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][387] [M4 APPLICATION] Channel used: 11
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][389] [M4 APPLICATION] Link Key: ZigBeeAlliance09
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][398] [M4 APPLICATION] Link Key value: 5a 69 67 42 65 65 41 6c 6c 69 61 6e 63 65 30 39
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][400] [M4 APPLICATION] Clusters allocated are:
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][401] [M4 APPLICATION] OnOff Client on Endpoint 17
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_CheckWirelessFirmwareInfo][402] [M4 APPLICATION] **********************************************************
 [M0] [00000000.000][API]   Init_ZigbeeStack_Infrastructure
[app_zigbee.c][APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit][156] [M4 APPLICATION] APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit
assertion "zigbee_app_info.zb != NULL" failed: file "../STM32_WPAN/App/app_zigbee.c", line 159, function: APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Maybe, it's due to RAM size used for your application, probably you need to tune your scatter file in order to fit with RAM size available.

Best Regards

earlish
Associate II

Hello,

I was able to get the Zigbee stack working on an STM32WB35CEU6A by choosing the STM32WB55CGUx part in CubeMX and using the minimum settings to enable the zigbee middleware.

Possibly there is an issue with the STM32WB3x files generated by CubeMX? I used version 6.6.0 and 6.6.1