cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-BLE1 SampleApp: How it works ?

MathieuOKS
Associate II

Hi ST Community,

I'm using the B-L475E-IOT01 card and I want to use the X-CUBE-BLE1 middleware to send information directly to a variable (something I was thinking of doing simply with this application). Only, when I run it and try to debug, I'm having trouble understanding what the program is doing (I'm not a Bluetooth Low Energy expert) but I can't detect the card from the ST BLE Toolbox application. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The best way is to start from a runing project. Then, you can do the changes you need to adapt it to your project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MathieuOKS 

I suggest you to start from one of this examples and try to debug to understand how it works.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your reply!

I've managed to get the HeartRate program to work, but I'm a beginner and I'm used to using STM32cubeMX (so I'm a bit confused about initialisation). To be honest, I'm mainly looking for a way of communicating wirelessly for a small project so that I can couple this BLE application to another sensor. Do you have a solution or should I just use the application you sent?

Hi,

The best way is to start from a runing project. Then, you can do the changes you need to adapt it to your project.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Hi,

I agree, it's the best way. And that's how I'm going to try to work, thanks for the advice.

I've just managed to get the X-CUBE-BLE1 library to work on the board. I hadn't seen that I needed to change the number of bits on the SPI bus (set it to 8 because it's set to 4 by default).