cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why STM32WB15CC as a GATT server is not detected in ST BLE Toolbox after following "STM32WB Getting Started : Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone" video

Pierre Castera
Associate II

Hi, 

I try to create a GATT server with a NUCLEO-WB15CC.

I'm a beginner with STM32WB MCUs so I followed the Getting Started Series video and particulary : "STM32WB Getting Started Series: Part 12b, Lab. Receiving data from the phone" 

When its came time to test the firmware my device was not detected in ST BLE ToolBox mobile App

I tried to upgrade the BLE stack Firmware with "stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin" but nothing changed. 

Then I tried the example Firmware BLE_p2pServer and it's work.

It's seems to be a problem links to STM32WB15. Indeed in the video they used a STM32WB55 and in the comment of the video other persons has the same problem when using a STM32WB15. 

Does anybody had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to use BLE Custom template for WB15, you have to tune some parameters to fit with the RAM size for the GATT database. So, you have to change the following parameters:

• CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE = 1290
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES = 30
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES = 4

Best Regards

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to use BLE Custom template for WB15, you have to tune some parameters to fit with the RAM size for the GATT database. So, you have to change the following parameters:

• CFG_BLE_ATT_VALUE_ARRAY_SIZE = 1290
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_ATTRIBUTES = 30
  • CFG_BLE_NUM_GATT_SERVICES = 4

Best Regards

Pierre Castera
Associate II

Hi,

It's works

Thank you very much

Best regards

Which file do I need to edit to change this? @Remy ISSALYS​ 

Don't worry found it in app_conf.h, Unable to delete post

Even better if you change the CubeMX config, you don't have to change the app_conf.h everytime you change CubeMX

ICMosquera
Associate III

Do you also have a tuning for STM32WB55CC MCUs? I also followed this YT Tutorial for my Custom STM32WB Board.

Tuning what exactly?

Here is a link for Tuning the HSE which could be relevant - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNJR9vL1D0c&ab_channel=STMicroelectronics

i already had these parameters set to those values, but still ble app can not recognize my device 

still not working, please help