cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why RTOS is not available on STM32WB using the BLE Application Type "Client profile"?

LSpad.1
Associate III

Hi,

I am currently using the package version 1.6.0 on a STM32WB55.

When i configure the STM32WB55 on CubeIDE, it seems that select RTOS with CMSIS_V2 and the BLE Application Type "Server profile" configuration is possible, in fact the code is generated. Instead if i select the BLE Application Type "Client profile", the code cannot be generated anymore. Why is there this limitation? Is it possible to work-around it via code bypassing the MXCube Generator? Will it be resolved in next firmware package releases?

I have also noticed that in "Server profile" configuration, using RTOS there are a lot of Server Modes not available, but they are available using the sequencer. Will these be developed in next firmware releases?

Thank you in advance!

Lorenzo

11 REPLIES 11
Richard Lowe
Senior III

I'd also like to hear about an update or roadmap to implementation.

Hi Remi,
When you say that "Only the HeartRate project is selectable with the RTOS" do you mean that the BLE functionality in the heart rate example works with freeRTOS or just that it can be selected in CubeMX? 

I just require the ability to scan for BLE beacons but otherwise my application is in FreeRTOS and doesn't use BLE.