cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I get the following message when debugging? Target unknown error 19 Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

SLope.5
Associate

i'm using stm32wb30, and when i try to debug a empty program with ST-LINK/V2 and i get the following message:

4 REPLIES 4
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @SLope.5​  and welcome to the Community 🙂,

Please refer to the article How to solve debugger connection issues (st.com) may help you to solve you problem.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SLope.5​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

Maybe that issue is linked to the ST-Link firmware version.

So, try to upgrade the ST-Link firmware version, then disconnect and connect your board.

Make sure to use the latest release of STM32CubeProgrammer and STM32CubeIDE.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
SLope.5
Associate

Hi, I have installed stm32 cube programmer and when i use ST-LINK/V2 (I have update the st link ) doesn't work but i tried to use NUCLEO-F091RC -> ST-LINK/V2-1 for debug the stm32 and works perfectly. I can also debbug a program in cubeide.

Could it be that this version of st-link is not compatible with this MCU? i may need the ST-LINK/V2-ISOL.

Thanks for your answers, Sergio.

What's the relationship between the NUCLEO and the ST-LINK/V2 here? You tried both separately.

The ST-LINK/V2 should be Ok, depends on the voltages, and that the VTarget needs to power the buffers within the ST-LINK/V2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..