cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why CubeMonitor-RF(MRF) can't connect to my USB Dongle(STM32WB55CGU6) Virtual COM? MRF does display COM11 when I connect USB Dongle, but when I press CONNECT I get "Could not open COM port". Thanks in advance 4 help!

DFOGE.1
Associate

My dongle has latest FUS 1.1.2 and then programmed with stm32wb5x_Phy_802_15_4_fw.bin to proper address(0x080DE000) and with option "Start Wireless Stack" selected. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_ST
ST Employee

I haven't tried CubeMonitor-RF in 802.15.4 mode yet, BLE only... But I'll tell you what I know/understood.

1) please read the STM32CubeMonitor RF on the Cube monitor RF. https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00433646-stm32cubemonitorrf-software-tool-for-wireless-performance-measurements-stmicroelectronics.pdf

2) there is no VCP "transparent mode" binary yet for the USB dongle as for BLE, so that means you'll want to use same UART that the nucleo is using in Cubemonitor RF config.

3) There are 2 modes, standard mode and sniffer mode, and it seems like it needs 2 different stacks.

4) for standard mode, the documentation is refering to stm32wb5x_rfmonitor_phy802_15_4_fw.bin and it has been removed from latest firmware packages (no idea why)... But I have last seen it in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x

5) Documentation is not up to date.

Good luck

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mike_ST
ST Employee

I haven't tried CubeMonitor-RF in 802.15.4 mode yet, BLE only... But I'll tell you what I know/understood.

1) please read the STM32CubeMonitor RF on the Cube monitor RF. https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00433646-stm32cubemonitorrf-software-tool-for-wireless-performance-measurements-stmicroelectronics.pdf

2) there is no VCP "transparent mode" binary yet for the USB dongle as for BLE, so that means you'll want to use same UART that the nucleo is using in Cubemonitor RF config.

3) There are 2 modes, standard mode and sniffer mode, and it seems like it needs 2 different stacks.

4) for standard mode, the documentation is refering to stm32wb5x_rfmonitor_phy802_15_4_fw.bin and it has been removed from latest firmware packages (no idea why)... But I have last seen it in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries\STM32WB5x

5) Documentation is not up to date.

Good luck