cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What resources are used by the STM32_WPAN stack on the STM32WBA52 ?

jeroen
Associate III

Hi all,

I am looking for a list of resources (peripherals, memory, etc) that are required by the STM32_WPAN stack implementation for the STM32WBA52.

I previously used the STM32WB55 and e.g. AN5289 lists which peripherals are shared with the M0/BLE core.

Where can I find such information ?

Note: some clues are given in the "BLE_SerialCom_Peripheral" example for the STM32WBA52, by looking at the implementation of the "platform specific" functions required by the STM32_WPAN libraries (LinkLayer_BLE_Full_lib.a and stm32wba_ble_stack_full.a are included in the example project).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Jeroen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to STM32WBA BLE Stack User Manual available in STM32CubeWBA package, here:

STM32Cube_FW_WBA_V1.0.0\STM32Cube_FW_WBA_V1.0.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_WPAN\ble\stack\doc\STM32WBA_BLE_Stack_User_Manual.html

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

You can refer to STM32WBA BLE Stack User Manual available in STM32CubeWBA package, here:

STM32Cube_FW_WBA_V1.0.0\STM32Cube_FW_WBA_V1.0.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_WPAN\ble\stack\doc\STM32WBA_BLE_Stack_User_Manual.html

Best Regards

jeroen
Associate III

Merci !

This is indeed the kind of document I was looking for, and it was already in my project :-).

I found out myself most of it by looking at the platform-specific code but it is nice to have it documented.

What is just missing, in my opinion, is the maximum number of timers (section 4.2.2) that will possible be started by the stack, as well how much "non-volatile" memory is used (via BLEPLAT_NvmAdd() in section 4.2.1.

Best regards,

Jeroen