cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way from STM32WB55 as Peripheral to a Dual Topology Architecture (Central + Peripheral)?

BGeig.3
Associate II

Hi I'm right now using the Nucleo-WB55RG as a Peripheral device to which the central (tablet) connects. I built most of my codebase with the CubeMX Code Generator – that means I defined all of my services and characteristics in the GUI choosing the BLE Server profile.

Now as requirements change I need to add the capability of acting as a central device simultaneously.

I know there is the option to choose "Router profile" as BLE Application type in CubeMX but that deletes all my settings for the server role and there is no option to define them again for the new dual topology.

So my question is: How can I extend the existing codebase by the new central device functionality but keep the possibility to regenerate code with cubeMX. What is the best approach?

I already tried to look into the P2P_Routeur example but it helped just a little.

Thanks for any help 🙏

Greeting

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to support peripheral and central role on your device, I think the best way is to generate the server part with cubeMX and then adding the central part in your code in user section which aren't deleted after cubeMX regeneration. Unfortunately, only P2P Routeur is supported by CubeMX.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

In order to support peripheral and central role on your device, I think the best way is to generate the server part with cubeMX and then adding the central part in your code in user section which aren't deleted after cubeMX regeneration. Unfortunately, only P2P Routeur is supported by CubeMX.

Best Regards