cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What antenna filter can I use with STM32WB55 using BLE

HLenk.1
Associate

Hello,

I use a STM32WB55RGV7 microcontroller. Doing the hardware layout I'm confused about the antenna filter:

- I can't get the band pass filter LFB182G45CGFD436 in small quantities, which is used in the P-Nucleo-WB55

- the low pass filter LFL212G45TC1A007, wich is used in AN5165, is end of life in about one year

- AN5165 uses also another low pass filter MLPF-WB55-01E3, which makes a part of the other componets unnessesary

Could you give me a suggestion which of these filters I can use in my design reasonably future-proof?

Thanks in advance.

Holger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @HLenk.1​, at the community!

the MLPF-WB55-01E3 is definitely the recommended filter for all STM32WB55. A product longevity of at least 10 years is already guaranteed for the WB55 family (rolling commitment), so that it is very likely that a similar product lifespan can be assumed for the filter.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @HLenk.1​, at the community!

the MLPF-WB55-01E3 is definitely the recommended filter for all STM32WB55. A product longevity of at least 10 years is already guaranteed for the WB55 family (rolling commitment), so that it is very likely that a similar product lifespan can be assumed for the filter.

Good luck!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
HLenk.1
Associate

Thanks. Your answer is very helpfull.