cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using stm32wb55 without low pass filter?

энн
Associate II

Is it possible to use stm32wb55 radio without DLF162500? I mean I have nothing to complain about its price but rather that it uses a non standard package/footprint and I don't want to have any non standard components so I can change components so long as they have similar performance but designing a filter with performance similar to this one would be hard out of discrete components.

Also I'm curious why no stm32wb user manual nor datasheet mentions the existence of mlfp-wb55-02E3 and similar, it happens to be as well that the nucleo board uses LFB182G45C which is a band pass filter.... All of these components have the same problem for me which is they don't use standard package/footprint sizes.

All in all can I remove this low pass filter and still have a working bluetooth 5.4 radio?

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @энн 

As you can see on the part 1.3 of the AN5290, An external PI filter made up by discrete components is needed for impedance matching, it is followed by a ceramic filter for rejection of harmonics. Another matching network is required for the antenna. To optimize the BOM and the performance stability, these filters can be replaced by an internal passive device (IPD). So this component or a PID implemtation are required. You may refer to the part two for schematics or the part three for Bill of marerial if you need more details.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.