cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using STM32WL as a LORA Radio

Soundhar
Associate II

Good Day, I got myself a pair of LoRa-E5 mini which has STM32WLE5JC single-core. I would like to program them in a way in which they would communicate by using a channel and address id to each other. kindly give me a refernce to how to program them in cube ide. I have referred to other example materials on LoRa-WAN, sigfox & sub-GHz ping-pong. but i would like a simple way as I mentioned above.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

To do a point to point communication you have to use the SubG_Phy ping pong example. It is the simplest way to synchronize the two end devices Tx and Rx windows.

Otherwise, you have to use a LoRaWAN network with a gateway and servers that will synchronize the windows

Hope it help

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello,

To do a point to point communication you have to use the SubG_Phy ping pong example. It is the simplest way to synchronize the two end devices Tx and Rx windows.

Otherwise, you have to use a LoRaWAN network with a gateway and servers that will synchronize the windows

Hope it help

Regards

Generally software engineers are expected to be able to read and adapt code written by others, and also to be able to write code from scratch, with perhaps limited documentation, or an outline of expectations. Perhaps you have a colleague who can direct or guide you, or has some tools or techniques for static analysis, so you can focus on the code that needs changing and not get lost in the code that facilitates the entire functionality to a chip level.

The ping-pong type applications generally have the bulk of the supporting code in the main loop of the application, and a few call-back functions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Soundhar
Associate II

Thanks for the reply. I will go through the SubG_Phy ping pong example.

Since I'm more familiar with NRF modules and LoRa Modules like E32 which work with a channel and Address id. I thought that way of development would be easy for me to work. but I will try to get adopted to the applications as mentioned above.