cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Word for Modem Lora

Shivaprasad
Associate III

Hello ST Community,

I am currently working with a STM32WL 55JC  and I need assistance with setting the sync word for both the transmitter and receiver. Here are the details of my setup.

doubt1.JPG

Here I have configured my module to USE_MODEM_LORA and these are the packet params of the USE_MODEM_LORA

doubt2.JPG

This below is the set sync word function whish is present in the radiodriver.c file

doubt3.JPG

here is the another function which is 

doubt5.JPG

doubt6.JPG

I want to use the private syncword how do i do that when i use  USE_MODEM_LORA.

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Shivaprasad 

To configure a private syncword in a STM32WL LoRa project when using USE_MODEM_LORA, you would typically follow these steps:

1. Set the Packet Type to LoRa: Use the Set_PacketType() function to set the packet type to LoRa.

2. Define the Frame Format: Use the Set_PacketParams() function to define the frame format according to your requirements.

3. Set the Sync Word: Use the Write_Register() function to define the synchronization word in the associated packet type SUBGHZ_xSYNCR(n) registers. The synchronization word for private networks is different from the public LoRa network sync word.

4. Set the Network to Private: Use the RadioSetPublicNetwork() function to set the network to private by passing false as an argument.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.