cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUBGHZSPI_Transmit return HAL_SUBGHZ_ERROR_TIMEOUT when using the LoRa-E5 board with a STM32WLE5

Hugo_VOLA
Associate II

Hello,

After prototyping with a Nucleo STM32WLJC, I start to use LoRa-E5 board from Seedstudio with a STM32WLE5 MCU.

I want to make a P2P communication, so I'm trying to make a ping pong project on this board.

I tried starting from seeds LoRaWan exemple, from ST pingpong exemple and also from this repo project and .ioc file(https://github.com/danak6jq/Seeed-LoRa-E5).

But It's not working...

After debuging I find out that in SUBGHZSPI_Transmit function, a timout error occured while waiting for TXE flag to be set.

I can't find any others exemples to compare the configuration...

Does anyone have a idea about whats happenning ? Or a tips that can make me move forward ?

Thanks

Hugo

21 REPLIES 21
natruffles
Associate

I have had this same issue for months. Turns out that the internet has found a solution(!), even if a root cause has still not been established:
Re: Having issues enabling the SubGhzSPI on STM32W... - STMicroelectronics Community

The solution involves changing a bit in a register that is not officially supposed to exist on the STM32WLE5 but still does.

Thanks very much for the link! I don't have the faulty device anymore to investigate further, but most likely that was the cause for us too, as we were using custom OB, and setting RDP within the app etc... So looks like maybe there's a glitch somewhere with that secret hidden "SUBGHSPISD" bit in the Flash SFR register either in the MX driver/programmer or possibly even silicon. Or possibly when changing back from RDP 1 to 0 it's not reverting properly? But at least it looks like someone found an explanation of what to look for and a solution. Thanks for sharing.