cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WLE5J Lora

SSmit.13
Senior

Hi

I am using the module Lora-E5 which has the STM32WLE5J inside.  Looking at cubeMX , I can select LoraWan, but I want to only use the Lora side. Do I simply select the LoraWan, and use the Lora part, as it requires LoraWan key etc which I wont use.

Best Regards

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On the examples i've shared with you you can switch to use LoRa or FSK modulations (LoRa is the default one). SubGHz_Phy is the support middleware for those two modulations which use a frequency under 1 GHz (a Sub-GHz frequency 😉). 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @SSmit.13 

If you are looking for a P2P communication using the LoRa technologies. You can select the SUBGHZ_PHY middleware on CubeMX :

Subha_shree_bask_0-1706549372600.png

For more details, refer to the configuration on this example.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STTwo-32

Many thanks for your reply. I plan to have many nodes connecting our own hardware (gateway) . The gateway will have 4 hopefully Lora-E5 modules, all communicating at different frequencies, and the nodes connecting to its one of the modules.

The modules have to be lora as we need very low power, and decent distance. Is the above example Lora (even though it says SUBGHZ_PHY)?

Many thanks

Scott

On the examples i've shared with you you can switch to use LoRa or FSK modulations (LoRa is the default one). SubGHz_Phy is the support middleware for those two modulations which use a frequency under 1 GHz (a Sub-GHz frequency 😉). 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Hi

Many thanks for the explanation, I never fully understood this, and couldnt see any description on this

Best Regards

Scott

Hi STTwo-32

Is there any documentation on how to select lora channel (frequency), spreading factor, and does it do frequency hopping? I would like to use this for a large project, but have ot make sure it fits our requirements

Best Regards

Scott