cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55CGU6 Example for Home Automation

Hesseltjuuh
Associate III

Hello,

I'm trying to get Zigbee working on my STM32WB55CG6 custom board. I've verified that the RF section works since BLE works perfect but now I'm trying to get Zigbee working. Since there aren't alot of examples I've tried the Zigbee_OnOff_Server_Distrib but the chip is not the same so when I tried to program it I bricked the STM32.

Now my question is if there is an example for the STM32WB55CGU6 in which I can connect it to Home Automation something like this example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2oB4AmUKr0 but for the right chip.

I would appreciate the help, I also shared my project files below

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hi @Hesseltjuuh,

Actually the examples provided in the CubeWB package work fine either with STM32WB55CGx  or STM32WB55RGx as the radio interface is the same, the difference concerns only the package type and the pinout. 

What do you mean by " bricked the STM32" ? 

I had a look on your project source code and I noticed that the IPCC interrupts are missing on the file stm32wbxx_it.c making the communication between M0 and M4 impossible => no Zigbee init is done which explains why you never enter to APP_Zigbee_Init.

Please find in attachment the file updated. 

Best regards,

Ouadi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hesseltjuuh
Associate III

Also whenever I set a breakpoint in APP_Zigbee_Init, APP_ZIGBEE_StackLayersInit or APP_ZIGBEE_NwkForm it never triggers which is weird.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Hesseltjuuh 

I suggest you Start from the following applications examples to understand how it works. 

Best regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Ouadi
ST Employee

Hi @Hesseltjuuh,

Actually the examples provided in the CubeWB package work fine either with STM32WB55CGx  or STM32WB55RGx as the radio interface is the same, the difference concerns only the package type and the pinout. 

What do you mean by " bricked the STM32" ? 

I had a look on your project source code and I noticed that the IPCC interrupts are missing on the file stm32wbxx_it.c making the communication between M0 and M4 impossible => no Zigbee init is done which explains why you never enter to APP_Zigbee_Init.

Please find in attachment the file updated. 

Best regards,

Ouadi

It works! However I expected STM32CubeIDE to generate those interrupts for me since it didn't.

And I bricked my custom boards by uploading the example to it, in which the wrong MCU was selected. Can't get it to work even when using the boot0 trick.

Thanks anyways! This was driving me crazy