cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 SVD files? Will they make their way to the resources tabs under 'HW Model, CAD Libraries & SVD' at some point? IBIS and BSDL are there. Just SVD is AWOL.

Hedley
Associate III

Any

6 REPLIES 6
Hedley
Associate III

I hacked one by scraping the RM! Pl ST! Fix that RM... Loads of errors in the reg tables, loads of them!

https://github.com/morbos/STM32/tree/master/WB/SVD

Cillié Malan
Associate

If you install STM32CubeIDE, SVD files are hidden within its plugin directories.

The STM32WB55 SVD file can be found here:

STM32CubeIDE_1.1.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.productdb.debug_1.3.0.202002181050\resources\cmsis\STMicroelectronics_CMSIS_SVD

I haven't tested it, but I assume it would work for things other than STM32CubeIDE.

Note: if the directory does not exist or does not contain the STM32WB55 file you may need install the software package for the device by going to Help->Manage embedded software packages and selecting the device.

Hedley
Associate III

Thanks! Someone mentioned that IDE location a year or so ago​.

KAnde.1
Associate

If anyone ever comes along on a Mac, here's the location:

/Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.productdb.debug_1.2.0.201912201802/resources/cmsis/STMicroelectronics_CMSIS_SVD/

KHall.1
Associate II

Why does it seem impossible to find the .svd file for the STM32WB5MM?

I have looked where suggested in this thread, have searched all over the ST website, checked the official CMSIS site (couldn't find that specific board, but seemed like EVERY other board was there) and I have dug threw most of the files on my computer, all with no luck.

Are we meant to use a different .svd file with the STM32WB5MM, such as the STM32WB55?

The reason I am asking, is because I'd like to figure out how to select my board in CubeIDE 1.6.1 and without the .svd file, I have no idea how to do it.

I am so glad my customer picked this board, rather than the STM32WB55.... The support & ease of use differences between these two devices are MASSIVE.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

For anyone else who may be wondering, the STM32WB5MMG uses an STM32WB55 MCU, so you can use STM32WB55_CM4.svd.