cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 example won't compile after minor CUBEMX modification

I would like to run the STM32WB55 BLE_TransparentMode on my custom application board, but first I need to re-assign the pins used for LPUART1. However, any code generation from CubeMX, even without making any modifications, causes hundreds of compiler errors including "multiple definition of main". In fact, every function has the error that there is a duplicate definition. I have tried cleaning the build, but I get the same problem. Shouldn't I be able to generate code from the example's CubeMX .ioc file that compiles? Is there some setting or method I can change to be able to make simple modifications to this example?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed, when you regenerate the BLE_TransparentMode project for CubeIDE using CubeMX tool, there is build errors due to duplicate files inside CubeIDE project structure. To solve the issue, I recommend you to delete all files in BLE_TransparentMode \STM32CubeIDE folder and then regenerate the project using CubeMX.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Indeed, when you regenerate the BLE_TransparentMode project for CubeIDE using CubeMX tool, there is build errors due to duplicate files inside CubeIDE project structure. To solve the issue, I recommend you to delete all files in BLE_TransparentMode \STM32CubeIDE folder and then regenerate the project using CubeMX.

Best Regards

Thanks for the fast response, that worked.