cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 color control cluster gives an assertion error. assertion "zigbee_app_info.colorControl_server_2 != NULL" failed.

Ruubruben
Associate

As I said, I get the assertion "zigbee_app_info.colorControl_server_2 != NULL" failed error from a standard debug function in the code.

I thought it could have something to do with this struct, which is a bit above it.

struct ZbColorClusterConfig colorServerConfig_2 = {
    .callbacks = ColorServerCallbacks_2,
    .capabilities = ZCL_COLOR_CAP_HS,
}

I feel like it has to be something I have to add here because this struct is checked to be NULL, but I can't seem to find what it is I have to add.

The place where the struct is set to something other than NULL is here:

zigbee_app_info.colorControl_server_2 = ZbZclColorServerAlloc(zigbee_app_info.zb, SW2_ENDPOINT, zigbee_app_info.onOff_server_2, NULL, 0, &colorServerConfig_2, NULL);

From what I could gather, this would allocate the space needed, but I guess something goes wrong and no memory is allocated.

This error occurs every time I start a new project and add the color control cluster. So it happens even when I haven't added anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ruubruben
Associate

So If anyone is also like me stuck here, the problem was the capabilities.

The code for it should be:

.capabilities = ZCL_COLOR_CAP_XY,

This is the only way I found to get it working, I don't know what the other capabilities are for.

At least I solved it : )

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ruubruben
Associate

So If anyone is also like me stuck here, the problem was the capabilities.

The code for it should be:

.capabilities = ZCL_COLOR_CAP_XY,

This is the only way I found to get it working, I don't know what the other capabilities are for.

At least I solved it : )