cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB Openthread logging level does not change

CBuch.1
Associate III

Im using the Thread_Coap_Generic Example for the STM32WB5MM-DK (CUBEWB version 1.15.0). THe CPU2 Binary is as it is descibed in the readme.txt "stm32wb5x_Thread_FTD_fw.bin".

I want to change the logging level of the Openthread. The Change of

OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_LOG_LEVEL OT_LOG_LEVEL_WARN

in openthread_api_config_ftd.h has no effect at all. If im using the function 'otLoggingSetLevel()' in runtime it does not give an error, but does not change the log level as well. It is hardcoded to Log level Info or what am i doing wrong?

The AN5289 does also not really help, it describes a function 'otSetDynamicLogLevel()' that does not exist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CBuch.1
Associate III

ok i got it myself ...

In the AN5289 is described:

"The OpenThread stack provides several compilation flags to set different configurations.

Nevertheless, since the stack inside the STM32WB is delivered as a binary, those flags are

fixed and cannot be modified by the user. The selected flags can be seen in the files listed in

Table 29."

This means the file openthread_api_config_ftd.h is useless and will not change any behavior of the OpenThread stack, that means the config level is not changable on compile time and also not on runtime, because the define OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_LOG_LEVEL_DYNAMIC_ENABLE is not set as default in the configuration.

I think this limitation is quite hard for the usage of this stack.

But why is the cpu2 only given as binary and why is the configuration for OpenThread hardcoded?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CBuch.1
Associate III

ok i got it myself ...

In the AN5289 is described:

"The OpenThread stack provides several compilation flags to set different configurations.

Nevertheless, since the stack inside the STM32WB is delivered as a binary, those flags are

fixed and cannot be modified by the user. The selected flags can be seen in the files listed in

Table 29."

This means the file openthread_api_config_ftd.h is useless and will not change any behavior of the OpenThread stack, that means the config level is not changable on compile time and also not on runtime, because the define OPENTHREAD_CONFIG_LOG_LEVEL_DYNAMIC_ENABLE is not set as default in the configuration.

I think this limitation is quite hard for the usage of this stack.

But why is the cpu2 only given as binary and why is the configuration for OpenThread hardcoded?