cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB HSE tune

msemegen
Associate II

Hi,

What error on HSE frequency is acceptable by STM32WB35? More than 1 kHz can disturb connection process (its interrupted or it's slow than usual on some phones) or can cause unexpected disconnection? 

Does this affect the range of the advertisement ?

Best,
msemegen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Are you using 802.15.4? If so, then no.

Even if you're just using BLE, if it were my product, I wouldn't ship something that had 47 ppm off if the limit was ±50 ppm. Things will drift with time and temperature.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Per the datasheet:

50 ppm for Bluetooth Low Energy, 40 ppm for 802.15.4 and when both Bluetooth Low Energy and 802.15.4 are used.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
msemegen
Associate II

According to this calculator https://www.everythingrf.com/rf-calculators/ppm-to-hz-calculator currently we are at 57 ppm level (~18000 Hz). Using hse tune techniques we can lower it to 47 ppm (which is a little bit lower than maximum error). 47 ppm will be good enough?

TDK
Guru

Are you using 802.15.4? If so, then no.

Even if you're just using BLE, if it were my product, I wouldn't ship something that had 47 ppm off if the limit was ±50 ppm. Things will drift with time and temperature.