Associate II

Hello all) 

To work with BLE I need to upload 

stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin

with address 

0x080CE000

via STM32CubeProgrammer

It works as well, I did it many times, if check the box first boot for stack 

but I forgot (and not first time) to do that and now my BLE doesn't work on one of my devices

I made full chip erase, reuploaded stake, removed stack, and installed again dozen times via STM32CubeProgrammer, I did all can via  STM32CubeProgrammer (probably)

but it doesn't work anymore. 

Why STM32WB so capricious in this situation? 

Does it exist any opportunity to erase the chip to factory settings with the stack as well, let's say a more hard option than provided in  STM32CubeProgrammer ?

FUS.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Ronil 

I'm not able to understand your issue. Is it the fact that you can use the BLE module of your MCU after FUS or Stack upgrade ?

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

To start using BLE I need to upload the stack in STM32WB

As you can see in my attached image from the first message I did it but forgot to make a mark - "First Install"
and now No matter what I do ( full chip erase, reuploaded stake, removed stack, and installed again), Bluetooth doesn't work

I suggest you to update the FUS and Stack again but dont forget to click on "Start wireless stack" button after that and before disconnecting from CubeProgrammer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your advice, but I have done it hundreds of times, actually, it is a general problem that happened with few times in the last year. I can confirm if made first uploaded was not correct after that via STM32CubeProgrammer impossible to recover the chip for BLE (in my case at least)

So is it exist way to erase the chip to factory settings? (I removed the stack via  STM32CubeProgrammer but it doesn't help) 

and how I can car remove FUS  via STM32CubeProgrammer

I'm not avle to reproduce such a behavior. The only simular think that happend to me was solved by reinstalling FUS and STACK. After that we click on the button "start the wireless stack" to manually start the wireless stack on my board.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Thank you, 

but anyway, is it exist any opportunity to erase the chip to factory settings with the stack and FUS as well?

No, the FUS firmware can not be fully deleted. It can only be upgraded.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

Yes, I did it many times, but my BLE is still not visible when I upload my  .hex file

My .hex is correct I used him for a few years. But sometimes I have problems like that, if the first attempt stack file was unsuccessful after that I can't repair it.  

I used the next register and FUS and Stack

stm32wb5x_FUS_fw.bin 0x080EC000
stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin 0x080CE000

probably I have some alternative for stack?  or some a;tentative for STM32CubeProgrammer?

as an alternative I used 

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd mode=UR -fwupgrade "stm32wb5x_BLE_Stack_full_fw.bin" 0x080CE000 firstinstall=0 startstack=1 -v

but result the same

you can see my attached image from STM32CubeProgrammer, looks good, but BLE is not visible 

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Could you share the values of the SBRV and SFSA option bytes?

Best Regards.

STTwo-32