cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB BLE Advertising High Consumption

MichalPesko
Associate III

Hello, i am trying to reproduce this demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IVs-nuoXj8&t=439s on a custom WB55 board (WB55CGU6). In the video, the advertising consumes about 10 mA. In my case, it is close to 20 mA. Snímka obrazovky 2024-09-01 174150.png

I though changing the CFG_TX_POWER would help, but it does not change the consumption. How to actually set the TX power of the BLE transceiver? Getting the consumption down to 10 mA would really help.

#define CFG_TX_POWER                      (0x19) /* 0dBm */

#define CFG_BLE_MIN_TX_POWER            (0)

#define CFG_BLE_MAX_TX_POWER            (0)

There are 3 parameters in app_conf.h, which are a bit confusing and I wonder how they differ.

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MichalPesko 

What i see is Normal since you are not using the same design. You may have to ensure that your design is not impacting the power consumption. You may have to test this on the Nucleo board to have almost the same values

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks, but is there any info how to actually set the TX power level? In CubeMX, one can set the CFG_TX_POWER macro desired level, but the other two macros remain 0. Are they not relevant? It is quite confusing.