cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB application cannot receive any "HCI_DISCONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVT_CODE" event

ZYan.2
Associate II

We watch "HCI_DISCONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVT_CODE" event in "SVCCTL_App_Notification" function.

When use DC power supply for STM32WB module, there is no problem.

Our STM32WB application can receive "HCI_DISCONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVT_CODE" message from BLE stack if Central device (Android OS) disconnect BLE connection or STM32WB cannot receive signal from Central device. And the BLE connection can keep stable for a long time.

But when we use battery power supply for STM32WB module, there will be problem sometimes.

The BLE connection is unstable. Central device usually lost the BLE connection with STM32WB and our STM32WB application also cannot receive any "HCI_DISCONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVT_CODE" event.

We have confirmed that the battery still have enough power, the current and voltage of STM32WB seems no problem.

And the STM32WB application running on CPU1 still work correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Can you give more information about your setup (clock configuration, SMPS, battery) ? Which BLE stack are you using ?

Best Regards

ZYan.2
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

About clock/SMPS configuration please refer to the attachment. and we use dry batteries(3 pcs AAA batteries). BLE stack 1.13.1 is used previously, and we have upgraded BLE stack to 1.14.1, and the issue has not been produced yet. so we are not sure that the root course is BLE stack or hardware instability. we will check again with BLE stack 1.13.1 to check if the issue can be produced or not for further conclusion.

RDlug.1
Associate

I have a similar problem. I am getting HCI_DISCONNECTION_COMPLETE_EVT_CODE with Reason: 0x8.

My test environment: STM32WB55, Wireless Firmware version 1.14.1, BLE_p2pServer, ST BLE Sensor - Android application.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

The status error code 0x08 indicates a Connection Timeout. Are you working on Nucleo board or on custom board ? Did you do some modifications in BLE_p2pServer project ?

Best Regards

ZYan.2
Associate II

We tested that the issues can be produced in BLE stack 1.13.1, and fixed in BLE stack 1.14.1 (disconnect event can be received), we think it is an issue about BLE stack.

RDlug.1
Associate

I forgot to add: On Nucleo is ok. On the test board powered from 1.8V it is bad. Could the supply voltage be so low?