cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.15 BLE stack full extended update error

YWor.1
Associate III

Hello.

I have noticed that a new FW was released and I tried to update our devices version.

First of all, I was working with previous 1.13 version that had BLE stack light, basic and full versions, in 1.15 version I noticed that there is light, full and full extended. What are the differences? From what I saw, documentation didn't changed from previous versions and there is no info about full extended version.

Second, we update 2 devices with 1.15 full extended version and both devices stucked in hard fault handler after calling scatterload function. any ideas what could happen?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

To use extended binary (BLE Full extended stack), it is necessary to adapt the scatter file in the BLE applications, you can refer to this wiki page which describes the modification which must be done. To see the difference between the different stack, you can look the release notes. The BLE full extended stack supports the BLE extended advertising features and all application commands interface (ACI) and host commands interface (HCI).

Best Regards