cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 WB55RGV6 OTA Firmware Update Project Error

Aurentiaco
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to make a project for firmware update using OTA with ST BLE Sensor Classic on IOS device but I have a problem I watched the videos and try to understand how can I create a project for fimware update. I started with an easy one I run BLE_OTA on WB55RGV6 than I write a simple blinking led application change the flash address at  .ld file

Memory.png

Than export the .bin file and try to update but it does not working. I try to update the examples that ST produced they are working perfectly but they don't have ioc files in it so I don't know what should I specificly do in IOC file. Can anyone help me with my project? I am trying to understand how can I make an OTA firmware update. I checked the P2Pserver_OTA but I couldn't understand how does it work clearly. 

WB55RGV6.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Aurentiaco ,

You can look at the AN5247 for more information about Over-The-Air firmware update procedure and how to use the OTA application on STM32WB devices with BLE connection. 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Aurentiaco
Associate II

Thank you soo much. I read the document that you linked. But I am not sure that I can implement it directly to a led blink application because in documents it gives the requirements and the thing that I need to do. I don't know how to make it. Could you give some coding example if there is a chance? 

Aurentiaco
Associate II

Thanks @Imen.D , I found the solution in BLE_p2psever_ota project in readme.txt file that how can I make my project as OTA,

I have another problem. I made it as an OTA application and when I upload BLE_OTA application on my board, I am able to flash my firmware once. However, I don't understand how can I reboot my system and turn back to BLE_OTA partition from my application partition. I need unlimited firmware update continuously.

Aurentiaco_0-1709712994193.png

In here you can see the reboot characteristics. I create one but what should I add to my code to activate it in document it is not explained well and detailed. Could you help me with it?

Hello @Aurentiaco 

I suggest you close this topic since the original question is answered (select the answer as best answer). Then, Start a new topic for your new request.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.