cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST BLE ToolBox-1.3.6 and STM32WB15CC

FWX
Associate III

Hello,
I'm trying to update the STM32WB15CC application with the ST BLE ToolBox.
On the STM32WB15CC, the BLE_ota application is running (from STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.17.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WB15CC\Applications\BLE\BLE_Ota).

Connection with the STM32WB15CC is ok.

But when I want to select an "Application binary" file to send, for example BLE_p2pServer_ota_reference.bin, I have the error "Wrong file extension !". I have also tried with BLE_HeartRate_reference.hex, but same error.

Where is the mistake? How to build application file that I can send to the device?

Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Remy,

Initially, the files were saved in a directory on the SD card.

I have moved them to the "download" directory of the shared internal storage space.

And that works fine: I can download the aplication file to the STM32WB15CC.

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Binary file (.bin) is the right file extension but it seems that depending on the smartphone used the popup "Wrong file extension" appears even if the file extension is good. The issue is currently under investigation. Which smartphone are you using?

Best Regards

Hello Remy,

My SmartPhone is a Xiomi Redmi 5 Plus (Model MEG7) running Android 8.1.0.

If you need help to diagnostic the problem, I'm ready to do something.
My current need is to get a trace of Bluetooth exchanges between ST BLE Toolbox and BLE_ota application (like wireshark does).

Thank you.

Remy ISSALYS
ST Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, can you try to move into another location the binary file in your smartphone?

Best Regards

Hi Remy,

Initially, the files were saved in a directory on the SD card.

I have moved them to the "download" directory of the shared internal storage space.

And that works fine: I can download the aplication file to the STM32WB15CC.

Thank you for your help!