cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMT32F401RE - P-Nucleo-6180X1

JManu.1
Associate

Hello,

I need to measure a small distance and I think that hte P-Nucleo-6180X1 would fit my requirements. P-Nucleo-6180X1 is made of a VL6180X1 and a STM32F401RE. I would like to communicate its output using LoRa, do you think that is possible?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @JManu.1​, to the community!

In principle, it is possible to transmit such measurement results via LoRa. However, you must not forget the limitations that LoRa is subject to: due to the full transmission power required for the range, you are only allowed to transmit data 1% of the time in the ISM band used in most, if not all, countries worldwide. So, for example, if a LoRa message lasts 200ms (this time depends on the spreading factor used for the current distance), you have to wait at least 1800ms until the next message to comply with this limit.

There are countries where exceeding this limit and being reported by disturbed users can result in heavy fines.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JManu.1
Associate

Hello @Peter BENSCH​ ,

Yes, that LoRa limitation is not a problem, I will transmit the information each 5-10 minutes.

How can I connect a LoRa transmitter to the STM32F401RE? I couldn't find any related information

Thank you,

JM

Well, that depends on the LoRa transceiver used. Some have an SPI interface that you can connect directly to the STM32F401RE.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.