cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Guidance on Reading BLE Write Characteristics Value Updates in STM32CubeIDE

SMazu.3
Associate III

Hello STM32 Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project that involves integrating Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) communication into an STM32CubeIDE project. Specifically, I am facing a challenge in reading the updated values of BLE Write Characteristics from a mobile client.

Here's a brief overview of my setup:

• Microcontroller: STM32wb series
  • IDE: STM32CubeIDE
  • Communication: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)

I have successfully implemented the BLE communication, and I can write data from the mobile client to the STM32 device. However, I am struggling to read the updated values of the Write Characteristics on the STM32 side.

If any of you have experience or expertise in this area, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the following:

1. How can I set up my STM32CubeIDE project to efficiently handle updates to BLE Write Characteristics?
  2. What functions or callbacks should I use to capture and process the updated values from the mobile client?

I have thoroughly reviewed the documentation and examples provided by STM32CubeIDE, but additional insights from the community would be incredibly valuable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to learning from your experiences and expertise.

Best regards,

Sam Roy

SMazu3_0-1703694299104.png

SMazu3_1-1703694324649.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi SMazu !

I think you will find the answer to your question in this post:
correct-procedure-for-reading-ble-characteristic-values 

If this is not the case, don't hesitate to get back to me 😉

BR, Joé

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
_Joe_
ST Employee

Hi SMazu !

I think you will find the answer to your question in this post:
correct-procedure-for-reading-ble-characteristic-values 

If this is not the case, don't hesitate to get back to me 😉

BR, Joé

thanks but this problem is already solved.