cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programm NUCLEO-WL55JC with external STLink

A Pica
Associate II

Hi,

I have a NUCLEO-WL55JC (revision 0E) that stop working after I flashed the LoRaWAN_End_Node example project. With the CubeProgrammer, sometimes I can manage to update the STLink Firmware (if I keep rebooting the board), but I can't ever connect to the main MCU.

I was wondering if there is any jumper configuration that allows flashing the main MCU from an external STLink (I'm not sure If it will fix the issue, but let's try it).

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Did you try connect under reset?

Yes, I tried with all options, but every time I press the "Connect" button, the UI crashed. If I use another board, it works properly, that's why I guess is hardware-related.

PD: The STLink firmware from both boards are updated to the most recent version

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Select the boot jumper to start the system bootloader. Reset, eventually by hand by pressing the reset buttom. Try to connect in that state.

I tried that (with the boot jumper JP3 added and removed), and using all reset modes. I cannot really connect, and a bu error appears:

0693W00000WKKNSQA5.pngThank you

Louis AUDOLY
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Are you sure to use quality cable and not charging cable ?

Can you check you have the correct jumper config describe in the User Manual, section 5. Quick Start.

You can connect an external debugger on the CN16, but I'm not sure this will solve your issue.

Let me know if you have manage to solve this issue

Regards

Louis