cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview/estimation of wireless stack sizes

BenedictHeyl
Associate II

Hello!

Is there an overview of how big the ST wireless stack is depending on the activated features?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your reply, but my question had nothing to do with cryptographic performance.

I was able to solve my question by downloading the SMM32CubeWB containing the various wireless binaries, and checking their sizes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @BenedictHeyl​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

If I well understand your need, maybe this ST wiki article is helpful for you, as reports measured cryptographic performance for STM32WB.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped 🙂 so that this thread will marked as solved.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you for your reply, but my question had nothing to do with cryptographic performance.

I was able to solve my question by downloading the SMM32CubeWB containing the various wireless binaries, and checking their sizes.

Paul123
Associate II

Hello @BenedictHeyl​ , how did you check their sizes? The size as stored on your PC filesystem? Or did you count the number of lines in the binaries?

For now I just checked their size on the PC filesystem. Is there a reason why this is unrepresentative?

I am not sure.

For one, I am not sure if the binary files have any metadata included (such as addresses), which is not part of the actual data stored on the target flash?

Also, I have noted on Windows, if you press file 'properties', there are there 2 numbers for each file, and they are often not the same?0693W00000BdfqAQAR.png